Learning how to install a Comcast HD cable box to an LCD TV is a quick and easy process that will not require any special tools. If you have recently received your HD cable box, you are most likely curious on how to install the box to your LCD TV. The same is probably true if you already had an HD cable box and recently purchased an LCD TV. The process is as simple as connecting a few cables and should be relatively quick.
Things you'll need:
- Comcast HD cable box
- LCD TV
- HDMI cable
- Locate the HDMI port. Look at the back of your Comcast HD cable box and locate the HDMI port. The HDMI port is a small port which looks like a modified rectangle which narrows on the bottom. You will find a similar port on many newer electronics, including your LCD TV.
- Connect the HDMI cable. Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI port on your Comcast HD cable box. You will need to install the other end to your LCD TV.
- Locate the HDMI port on your LCD TV. Look at the back of your LCD TV and locate the HDMI port. Your LCD TV may also have an HDMI port on the side. If you are unsure of where it is located, consult the user guide for your LCD TV.
- Connect the HDMI cable to your LCD TV. Plug the remaining end of the HDMI cable into the HDMI port on your LCD TV. You can plug it into any available HDMI port on your LCD TV. You have now successfully learned to install Comcast HD cable box to LCD TV.
- An HDMI cable should be included with your Comcast HD cable box so you can plug it into your LCD TV. If not, you can purchase an HDMI cable at any major electronics retailer or department store.
- The HDMI cable allows for HD signal quality from your Comcast HD cable box to your LCD TV.
- Only a HD capable LCD TV will display HD quality picture. Your LCD TV likely supports HD as newer LCD TV's are HD capable.