How To Install Cydia
Want to know how to install Cydia? Cydia is a program that was developed to help users with jailbroken iPhones or iTouches and can be used to install packages and applications meant for these types of phones. It basically allows for the installation of third party applications for various iDevices offered by Apple. There are many reasons why people chose to disconnect a cellular phone or smartphone from that of their carrier. For a long time, iPhones were only offered by US cell carrier AT&T, which for a lot of people was not the carrier that they were using.
To start installing Cydia, you will need:
- iPhone, iTouch, iPad, etc that has been jailbroken
- downloaded Cydia application
- Make sure your iPhone or other device is connected to the internet.
- Locate the Cydia application and open it. The first time Cydia runs on your device, there will be an initialization period. This is normal, so just let the app do it's thing.
- The next screen will ask who you are - a user (most common choice), hacker, or developer. Most users will chose the 'user' selection, however if you are indeed a hacker or a developer, you will want to chose those options respectively.
- Cydia will then use your internet connection to check for packages as part of its database. You will then be asked how you would like these upgrades - either essential, complete, or ignore. The recommendation is that you chose 'essential'.
- When finished, Cydia will need to be restarted. So chose to restart. You are now ready to start using Cydia.
Knowing how to install Cydia allows for jailbroken iPhone users to download applications and things to their iPhone or iTouch, allowing for a greater ease at using a incredibly popular phone and mobile operating system.