Need to know how to install a drive belt for a 2003 Toyota Camry? The drive belt on the 2003 Toyota Camry controls all of the front engine accessories, such as the alternator, water pump, air conditioner pump and the power steering pump. The drive belt is tensioned to the pulleys by an automatic tensioner device.
To install a drive belt in a 2003 Toyota Camry, you will need:
- A half-inch drive breaker bar
- A half-inch drive socket set
- Park your Toyota Camry on a level surface. Be sure to engage the emergency brake.
- Open your Camry's hood and locate the diagram for the drive belt. This diagram is on top of the fan shroud on a 2003 Toyota Camry. This diagram will give you the instructions for routing the new drive belt around the pulleys.
- Locate the automatic tensioner device on the front center of the engine. This device has a pulley on one end that is used to relieve the tension off of the drive belt. Turn the automatic tensioner device counter-clockwise with the half-inch breaker bar and a half-inch drive socket.
- Reach down with your free hand and slide the drive belt off of the tensioner device pulley. Pull the drive belt around each fan blade and out of the engine compartment.
- Slide the new drive belt around the fan blades and onto each accessory pulley as directed by the belt routing diagram. Turn the tensioner pulley counter-clockwise again with the breaker bar and socket.
- Reach down with your free hand and slide the new drive belt onto the tensioner device pulley. Release the breaker bar and the tensioner will pull all of the slack out of the belt.
- Look over the drive belt to make sure that it is properly routed. Then, turn on your Toyota Camry's engine and let it run for about fifteen seconds. Shut the engine off and inspect the belt again. Lastly, close the hood.
If the diagram for the drive belt is not on top of the fan shroud, look on the underside of the hood. If you still can't locate the diagram, use a pen and notepad to draw out the routing direction of the old belt to use as a diagram.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.