Need to know how to install a drive belt for a Toyota Camry from 2003? Maybe the drive belt has worn down on your 2003 Toyota Camry and you want to install a new drive belt yourself, without taking your Camry to the shop. The drive belt affects the function of the alternator, the power-steering pump and water pump, and if it breaks all of these parts will no longer function. A broken or worn drive belt in your Toyota Camry can also cause overheating that may eventually lead to engine damage. You need to make sure that as soon as you find out the drive belt is worn down you fix it immediately, because if will affect the whole performance of your 2003 Toyota Camry.
To install a drive belt for your 2003 Toyota Camry, you will need:
- A jack and jack stands
- A wrench set
- A lug wrench
- A screwdriver
- Lift up your car. Use a jack to raise your car and jack stands to help support your car's weight.
- Remove the right front wheel. Use a lug wrench to loosen the lug nuts on the front right wheel and then remove the wheel.
- Remove the engine cover. First remove the fender apron seal fasteners with a screwdriver and then remove the fender apron seal. Unscrew the fasteners for the engine cover on the right side of your 2003 Toyota Camry, and then remove the engine cover.
- Remove the drive belt from its pulley. Remove the bolts from the upper control rod and the bracket from the right side of the engine to disconnect it. Turn the drive belt tensioner clockwise to remove the bolt. Next, slip the drive belt off of its pulley to remove it.
- Install your Toyota Camry's replacement drive belt. Carefully slip the replacement belt onto the pulley. Be sure that the belt fits properly and securely into the pulleys grooves. Turn the tensioner to adjust the drive belt tension, and then reinstall the bolts.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.