If you're a guitarist, chances are you will have to learn how to install a Fender guitar neck someday. It is a simple process that is standard for most, if not all, Fender electric guitars.
To install a Fender guitar neck, you will need:
- Philips head screwdriver
- Your new neck
A new set of strings
- Start by taking your Phillips head screwdriver and removing the Fender guitar bolts on the back of the original neck. There should be four bolts and a plate as this is the standard for Fender guitars. Make sure to put these in a safe place during the process to make sure none get lost.
- Pull the neck straight out of its socket. When doing this, you want to make sure you pull the neck out to where it will be parallel to the body of the guitar. It should slide out with just a minuscule amount of pressure.
- Installing the new guitar neck. You are going to start by sliding the new neck in the opposite way you slid the old neck out. Make sure that when you put the neck in, you line up the holes of the neck and the body so the screws will go in straight and flush.
- Take the four screws and plate from earlier and put the screws through the plate. This will make it easier for you to fit the screws through the plate, neck and body later. This step will also make sure the Fender plate is even on the guitar's neck.
- Take the Fender plate with the screws lined up and place it within the holes onto the new neck you set. You will want to make sure all of the screws are lined up through the holes and ready to screw in.
- Next, you will need your Philips head screwdriver. Securely screw all of the screws into the holes in the neck, making sure not to strip them by screwing them in too much. Congratulations on your newly set neck and happy playing!
After doing this job, your new neck may need to be setup because handling it like this can throw the truss rod inside of the neck off, potentially creating issues later!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?