How To Install Garage Doors
Learn how to install garage doors by following the simple steps explained below. Garage doors are a way to secure your rides and keep all your storage hidden from view. It will not only help you save money, but also instill in you a sense of achievement.
Tools and materials required:
- Jamb brackets
- Power drill
- Screwdriver tip
- Lag screws
- Torque tube
- Connect a weather stripping at the base edge panel of the garage door. Set it into position at the doorway and attach the weather stripping by screwing each jamb bracket into position where the door is held in place. See if the hinges are connected to the topside of the door. If not, align them with the garage door.
- Check the manufacturer’s guidelines and follow them to put together the tracks. Garage door tracks available in market are horizontal, vertical and curved in form.
- Fit in the rollers and jamb brackets on the first section of the door. Slide the vertical track on one end of the doorway over the rollers. Follow the same procedure to install the garage door for the other end of the doorway.
- For the second section of the door, you will need to install the rollers and the jamb brackets. You'll need someone’s help to elevate the second section of the door and set it in position. Slide the rollers on both sides of the doorway into the vertical tracks. Make sure the connections are proper to install garage door properly.
- Use a power drill with a screwdriver tip to fasten the hinges of the first part of the door to the second part.
- Put up the third section of the garage door following the same guidelines for first and second sections. Make sure the level of the door is right and tighten the plates on top of the vertical tracks to the wall. Also check if the lag screws adequately go through the framing portion, which would help maintain the force that will be needed to move the garage door up and down.
- Connect the jamb brackets to vertical tracks and secure them to the framing portion. You will have to make sure the lag screws go through the framing portion properly. Fasten the lag screws once you are sure that the vertical tracks are properly adjusted.
- Position the curved and horizontal tracks and install by bolting them together.
- After installing the tracks, you will need to make sure if level of the horizontal track is adequate. Slice the rear track hanger to the length needed to support the horizontal track. After this, you will need to fasten track hanger by using screws to the framing portion. Mount the horizontal track to the rear track hanger loosely and install the final door section in position.
- Follow the manufacturer’s guidelines to install a torque tube for lift assistance. Move the garage door up and down to make sure alignment is correct and no adjustment is required. Once you are satisfied, fasten all screws tightly.
- You can install garage doors by repeating the same procedure.