How To Install GTA San Andreas Mods
It’s helpful to know how to install “GTA: San Andreas” mods if you wish to make your gameplay more interesting. “GTA: San Andreas” mods can provide all sorts of things including new items, weapons and new characters. After you’ve checked out this straightforward guide on installing “GTA: San Andreas” mods, you’ll be installing them left and right!
- Download a mod installer. The best and most recommended mod installer to use to install “GTA: San Andreas” mods is called “San Andreas Mod Installer” (or SAMI). It makes installing the files to your game a cinch, and you’ll never have to drop files into certain folders once using this program.
- Run SAMI. When you first run SAMI, you’ll be presented with an intro screen that provides two buttons. The buttons read, “Install a Mod” and “Uninstall a Mod.” Because you’ve never used the program before, you will need to press “Install a Mod.”
- Set the directory for your “San Andreas” game. The mod installer will need to know where the game directory is (where your game is installed) on your computer to install “GTA: San Andreas” mods. You can even press “Detect” to allow the mod installer to set this up automatically.
- Next, you will need to browse for the mod ZIP or RAR file that you’d like to install. This is quite straightforward. All you will need to do is click, “Browse” and find the mod file that you downloaded to your computer.
- Make sure that “Back Up Files before Installation” is ticked. This is a good precaution to take if you aren’t sure how the mods are going to affect your computer. To be on the safe side, make sure that this option is selected before installing anything to modify the game.
- You may later wish to uninstall some “GTA: San Andreas” mods. If this is the case, simply click “Uninstall a Mod” on the opening screen to remove present mods on your system. That’s all there is to it!