Knowing how to install home theater fiber optics can create an impressive visual effect if done properly. Home theater fiber optic star field displays can actually be installed by most people using kits. These systems work by using a light source that is transmitted through a series of fibers into holes in the ceiling. Suspended ceiling types are often used for this. Follow these steps to learn about how to install home theater fiber optics.
To install home theater fiber optics you will need:
- Fiber optic kit
- Bundled fiber
- Work light
- Point the light source at the ceiling against the wall. Power on the device and mark where the light hits the ceiling. It will help if you have a second person hold the light source for you while you make the marks.
- Drill the holes for the fiber bundles. Use a drill bit closest to the diameter of the bundles you have.
- Drill holes in the ceiling where you want light to pass through. This can be in patterns, like constellations, or at random. If you want them to be in certain places, you can mark these locations before drilling.
- Feed the fiber through the holes near the light source. You may need to clear away insulation that is in these areas. Use a face mask, gloves, and protective clothing to work with insulation.
- Feed the individual fibers through the holes that you made for the stars. You can feed extra fiber through the holes and trim them later.
- Trim extra length from the fiber so they are closer to the ceiling. Use glue to keep them in place.
- Test the lights and check to make sure everything is working.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
25 Rules of Style Every Man Should Follow
Wear by them.