How To Install Internet Explorer
Some people wish to learn how to install Internet Explorer as their browser for surfing the Internet. This is easily done, either from an older version of Internet Explorer, or by using a different browser, such as Firefox. Internet Explorer is currently only available for computers running in Windows, not for Mac.
You will need the following:
- A computer, desktop or laptop
- Current browser, such as older version of Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc.
- Internet access
- Go to the official Internet Explorer website. Find it by going directly to their official page, or by doing an online search for Internet Explorer.
- Click on download. Toward the top of the page are a bunch of items highlighted in blue. Next to the phrase "Internet Explorer 8" you will find a list of options. Click on "Download."
- Select options. The first step is to select the country in which you reside, from the drop-down menu. Click on the arrow and scroll down until you find it, such as "United States." Then select the operating system that your computer currently uses, such as Windows XP or Windows 7.
- Confirm options and download. Double check the options selected and choose your estimated download time to match your internet connection (e.g. dial-up, DSL). Click on the download button, then choose "Run" to start the download immediately. If you wish to install Internet Explorer later, click on "Save" instead.
- Follow the prompts. The installation wizard will guide you through the setup process. Follow instructions carefully, and restart the computer when everything has finished downloading.