How to Install iPhone Apps
So, you finally broke down and bought an iPhone, and now you need to figure out how to install iPhone apps. There are so many different iPhone apps to choose from. You have probably seen the commercials; there are apps for almost everything, whether you want to use your iPhone as a flashlight or to play a racing game. After you set up an iTunes account for yourself, you can start installing apps on your phone. Some apps are free and others you have to pay for and to install apps on your iPhone only requires a few taps of the finger.
Things you need to install an iPhone app:
- iTunes account
- Search for an app. Tap the "App Store" button and enter the name of an app you want to add to your iPhone. Click "Search" after entering the app you want to install. You can also search for apps by looking through the different categories or the Top 25 apps section.
- Preview the app you want to install. Select the app and view the app info. Read over the item description and the cost (if any) before installing it.
- Install the app. Tap the price button (it will either read "FREE" or the price you have to pay) and then tap "Install." Enter your iTunes password when prompted. The app will begin installing on your iPhone.
- If the app you are trying to install is over 10MB, you need to connect to a wireless network.
- You can set up an iTunes account online by downloading iTunes or by signing up on your iPhone.