Learning how to install kayak thigh braces is a great way to increase the comfort of your adventure. Thigh braces are a great way to keep yourself stable and comfortable in your kayak. Kayaking can be very rough on the lower body and having thigh braces can be an amazing thing. Thigh bracers are an easy install and can be ready to go quickly. Installing thigh braces can be done at home with a few products. There is no evasive work that needs to be done to install thigh braces. This article will walk you through the process to fit and install thigh braces in your kayak. Check out the steps below, gather up the supplies and you will be ready to install thigh braces on your kayak.
You will need the following for this installation:
- Marine epoxy
- Water resistant ready foam
- Utility knife
- Sit in your kayak as you normally would. Place the ready foam on one side. Use the sharpie to make out the size of the thigh brace. The size should cover the middle portion of your thigh in length and height enough to cushion impact.
- Using the utility knife carefully cut out the area for the thigh brace. Use the knife to smooth out the sides of the thigh brace. Refit it into the appropriate spot and verify the fit. Modify as needed.
- Once you are happy, use the piece as a template to cut out the other thigh brace. When done fashioning your thigh braces, return to the kayak. Liberally apply marine epoxy to the ready foam. Stick the thigh brace to the spot you selected on your Kayak. Hold in place for a few minutes.
- Repeat on the other side. If desired, you can add additional marine epoxy around the edges of the thigh braces. Allow twenty-four to forth-eight hours to dry.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.