How To Install Lcd On Wall And Hide Cables
Learning how to install an LCD on your wall and hide the cables is simple and does not require all too much time and effort on your part. After installing the LCD, you will probably hate all of the ugly hanging wires. There is a simple solution to hiding the lines of wire coming from your LCD, find out how to install an LCD on the wall, and hide cables in this guide.
- Before even beginning to drill holes into your wall, make sure that you have an available wall outlet close enough to where you are installing your LCD screen.
- Once you have picked your proper spot, simply install your wall mount, and attach your LCD screen to the wall mount. Make sure however that you have purchased a wall mount that can hold your size LCD screen. Many people make the same mistake, and do not read boxes before buying. It'd be very annoying to have to go back to the store, because your wall mount is the wrong size. Once you have your LCD screen up and in place you can continue on.
- Next begin hooking up all of your extras, like your cable box, speakers, video game consoles and other gadgets you will be attaching to your LCD screen. When you are done, you will notice a nice stringy line of cables. Pretty ugly wouldn't you say?
- Hiding these cables are done easily though. Some people do it by hiding the cables under black duct tape, which works well enough, especially considering that most LCD screens have black high gloss frames. However you can still see those bumps and mounds of cables under the tape.
- You can instead purchase a simple, efficient and low priced TV cord covers which allow you to slip all of the cables underneath it, in order to hide the cables and piles of wires. They basically are like a slip cover for your wires that would normally just hang from the bottom of your LCD.
- Hook up these cord covers to your wall by following the included instructions.
- Enjoy your clean, sleek new LCD screen, with all wires hidden from the eye.