How To Install Leds In Tv Remotes
If you would like to light up that old remote, then one thing you need to know is how to install LEDs in TV remotes. This is a pretty easy process, and if done correctly, you will be very satisfied with the results that come from installing an LED in your TV remote.
To install LEDs in TV remotes, you will need:
- A new LED
- Some very small gauge wire
- A Phillips or flathead screwdriver (depending on your remote)
- A soldering iron
- The first thing you want to do is open up your remote with whichever screwdriver your remote requires. Be sure to put any screws that you take out and the back part of the remote that should detach in a safe place to put back together later.
- Find a place for your LED. This should be about in the middle of the chip in the remote so it will be able to evenly distribute the light to the different parts of the remote. Just be sure that you don’t place the LED on any important components of the TV remote that could get damaged from a hot light or the solder.
- Cut enough wire to attach the LED to the power source of the TV remote. You don’t want to cut too much as it will get messy in the remote with all the loose wire. You also want to make sure that you cut enough so that you will have plenty of room to attach the LED.
- Solder the wire to the LED and the power source. Be sure to keep the hot solder off of anything it could get stuck on and damage. Also be sure to keep the hot iron and solder away from your skin.
- Solder the LED to the chip in the TV remote. Once again, be sure to only use as much solder as is necessary to keep the light held down. Be sure to let the light sit awhile and test it before you seal the remote back up!