How To Install Motherboard Drivers
The motherboard is the heart of any computer, and with technology increasing each year, learning how to install motherboard drivers is crucial and can be done quite easily. Whether you have a new motherboard to install with fresh drivers, or if you have an older PC that you need to update, it is essential to keep the motherboard updated with new drivers that are compatible with the new software that comes out each year.
Items needed to install motherboard drivers.
- Motherboard and Drivers
- Media drive for CD or DVD
- Turn power on to your PC. Turning on the power to your PC and allowing it to boot up is the first step to install motherboard drivers. Allow your operating system to load before attempting to install your motherboard drivers.
- Begin updating your motherboard drivers. The next step to install motherboard drivers on your PC is to locate the CD that came with your new motherboard or to use the Internet to download the updated drivers from your motherboard website. Place the CD into your media drive on your computer or began running the program file that you downloaded from the Internet to begin updating your motherboard drivers.
- Follow through the setup process of the driver software to allow all drivers to install and update the motherboard.
- Begin installing the motherboard drivers. When the driver software has finished the installation of your new drivers, you will need to restart your computer by completely shutting it off and then rebooting. After rebooting the computer, allow the operating system the time he needs to load and install the new drivers for your motherboard. This process may take some time, so be sure not to shut down PC before the drivers are installed.