How To Install Motorcycle Grips
Has your motorcycle grips gotten worn out and you need to know how to install motorcycle grips? After continuous use motorcycle grips can tear, rip and become ragged and old. This can make your motorcycle ride unsafe. Even if you just want a hint of a new look for your bike, you can easily install new motorcycle grips. New grips can be installed to improve safety of your motorcycle ride. Installing new motorcycle grips is quite easy, and can be done in little time.
To install motorcycle grips you need:
- new grips
- soft cotton towel
- grip glue
- Remove the old grips. Use a razor to cut the motorcycle grips off of the handlebars. When doing this be careful not to scratch the bars with the razor.
- Clean the bar from the glue residue. Remove the left over glue by using a cleaning solvent and a soft cotton towel. Once fully cleaned, make sure the handlebars are completely dry.
- Apply your grip glue the handlebars. Use your grip glue and apply it around the entire handlebar. Repeat this step for both handlebars. Be careful not to get any of the grip glue on your hand.
- Install the motorcycle grips on the handlebars. Carefully slide the left grip on the handlebar first by rotating the grip as you slide it on the bar. Make sure you have the motorcycle grip in the correct position, and lined up properly. Once the grip is securely in place, you can let go of the grip and repeat this step on the right side of the handlebars.
- Clean off the new grips of access glue by using your soft cotton towel. Wipe the handlebars with your soft towel along the grips until all glue is removed completely. Allow a few hours for the glue to dry and hold your grips in place. Go for a ride and enjoy your new motorcycle grips.