Need to know how to install mud flaps for a 2007 Ford Fusion? To stop the mud and dirt flying up the side of 2007 Ford Fusion, you can fit a set of molded mud flaps available from a Ford dealer. They are a very simple fit and require only about 15-30 minutes of time to complete all four corners of the vehicle.
- Phillips screwdriver
- Jack and axle stands
Starting at the front left of the vehicle, you might find it easier to turn the steering wheel to the left also. This will give you a little more room to fit the mud flaps.
- Undo the three retaining screws for the inner arch plastic with the Phillips head screwdriver.
- Pull up the mud flap to get the distance from the ground right for your personal choice. You will see there is an extra screw a little higher up in case you do not want the mud flaps to hang too low. Fit the mud flap in the arch at the back of the wheel.
- Using the existing screw holes and screws for the inner arch plastic, cover it with the mud flap and refit the screws through the pre-drilled holes in the splash guard.
- Turn the Ford Fusion steering wheel to the right a little and copy the procedure for the right front wheel arch.
- Once complete, head to the back of the Ford Fusion. Chock the front wheels, loosen the rear wheel lug nuts and jack up the rear of the car, securing it on axle stands.
Remove the wheel lugs and the rear wheels of the Ford fusion. This will give you great access to the rear arch where you will be fitting the mud flaps. As with the front arches, fit the splash guards to the inner arch, utilizing the existing screw holes to mount them.
- If you find that the holes do not allow you to fit the mud flaps perfectly, then you can drill a pilot hole through the inner arch and fasten the guards with self tapping screws, leaving the standard screws alone. It is all personal preference.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.