Need to know how to install an over the counter range microwave? Installing an over the counter microwave is actually really easy. You just need some help and the proper tools to install it. Most vendors will supply the screws and the bolts needed to install and anchor your over the counter range microwave to the cabinet and wall. Something to take into consideration is whether you want to vent the hood out or have it vent inside. It is recommended that the height between the back of the range and the bottom of the microwave be thirteen inches.
To install an over the counter range microwave, you will need:
- Measuring tape
- A pencil
- Masking tape
- A number two and three Phillips screwdriver
- An electric drill with drill bits
- A hole saw
- A stud finder
- A socket wrench
- A keyhole saw
- A caulking gun
- Duct tape
- Unpack the microwave and remove everything that would keep the microwave from functioning. Remove plastic packing materials and anything else that could harm the microwave or make it difficult to install. Locate the mounting plate and set it aside. Note that it's important to secure the microwave door so that it does not come open during the install.
- Remove the screws at the top of the damper, slide it forward and open it up. Remove the two back screws that attach the blower to the microwave.
- Lift the blower motor out so that it rotates a full 180 degrees so that the exhaust port faces the back. Once this is done, place it back into the microwave oven with the two screws that were removed.
- With the microwave prepped for installation, now focus on mounting the microwave to the wall. The manufacturer should have included a template. Using the template and your stud finder, locate the place where you will be mounting your microwave. With the template you can also map out the placement on the cabinet it will be mounted to.
- Find the center line and make that the starting point for your install and mount. If you are going to use the plug that comes on the microwave, your cord needs to be inside the cabinet where no one can see it.
- Now it's time to install the mounting plate. It's important to use the correct screws that have the sprint toggle nut attached to them. Once the mounting plate is secured, you will need someone to assist you in mounting the microwave onto the plate. Once this is done, secure the microwave in place using the holes that were cut out in the cabinets to secure it.
This is how you install an over the counter range microwave. With the help of materials and a friend, it's a snap. If you can't master this then it's always a good idea to hire a professional.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
The Gentleman’s Guide to Tattoos
These tips from our resident expert will serve you well in the chair.