When asking how to install a Pioneer home stereo, you’re actually asking how to install home stereos in general, since most systems are basically the same in principle. They all present the same concerns:
- Find an appropriate space to place your stereo. Home stereo equipment should be installed on a stable, level surface such as a well-made cabinet or similar piece of furniture. Otherwise, the performance of the system could be affected in an adverse fashion.
- Get wired. A good first step in installing a Pioneer home stereo is to read its owner’s manual. But, if you don’t have access to such literature, you can simply remember that inputs, typically, in the back of the receiver are designated as “in” and “out.” The “ins” are intended for all your other electronic components, while the “outs” are intended for speakers.
- Don’t get fried. Stereo components have easily recognizable ventilation holes or grills that prevent their overheating. So, recognize these and make sure they are given the space they require (not unlike the cold air return on your home’s furnace and air conditioning units).
- The floor recognizes the speaker(s) of the house. When attaching your speakers (which probably employ a two-wire hookup system), it's necessary to make sure that the two separate wire bundles never touch. Because, believe it or not, if even one spider-web-thin piece of these wires strays from its intent and touches its polar opposite (these two opposite bundles typically being colored copper and white), one or both speakers will not convey sound.
- How loud will this go?Understand that the sound you’re looking for when questioning how to install a Pioneer home stereo has to reside within the limitation of your system. So, don’t expect a 100-watt group of equipment to give you the same results as a system that maxes out instead at 250.
Otherwise, understand that Pioneer components (especially those issued in the mid-late 1970’s) represent some of the finest home stereo gear ever mass-produced. And if installed properly, these aforementioned products will provide all the audio entertainment one could ever realistically expect.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?