How To Install A PS3 160 Gb Hard Drive Upgrade Kit
When your PS3 starts running out of space, and you are ready to upgrade to a 160 GB hard drive, don't just dive in and potentially destroy your system, instead learn how to install a PS3 160 GB hard drive upgrade kit first. Your PS3 system comes with a removable hard drive that it uses to store saved games, demos, movies and more. You can purchase an upgrade kit, available in many sizes, to replace your old drive an install a new one using simple tools that you probably already have around the house.
Things You Will Need:
- Phillips screwdriver
- Replacement HD kit (160 GB)
- Turn your PS3 off. Also remove any cables that are plugged in.
- Locate the hard drive cover on the left side of the PS3. Pull out on the cover to remove it.
- Unscrew the blue screw located in the middle of the hard drive.
- Lift the metal handle on the hard drive and pull it out to remove the drive. The hard drive will be screwed into a metal case.
- Remove the two screws on each side of the case, and then slide the old hard drive out of the case.
- Slide the 160 GB hard drive into the case and screw it into place.
- Insert the case, which now holds the 160 GB hard drive, back into the PS3. Screw the blue screw back into place and replace the cover.
- Plug the PS3 in and turn it on to enjoy your new 160 GB hard drive.