How To Install Punching Bag
Need to know how to install punching bag? A punching bag is a great alternative to a cardiovascular workout. Constant repetition of hitting the punching bag will tone your upper body. If you don't want to go through the hassle of joining a boxing gym or a gym that only has couple of punching bags, then get your own. It's not expensive and installing a punching bag yourself is easy.
The items you will need:
- Electric drill
- S-shaped hook
- Duck tape
- Boxing gloves
- Depending on the height of your ceiling you may need a chair or a ladder. Make sure the punching bag is away from any valuable objects or walls. The punching bag is prone to swinging around wildly.
- Use an electric drill to drill a hole on top of the ceiling. The hole should be smaller than the width of an eyebolt. Use a screwdriver or an object that can go into the opening of the eyebolt. This will be used as a lever to tighten the screw.
- Screw the eyebolt until the tread of screw is no longer visible. It needs to be tight enough to endure the weight of the punching bag and the force it creates while punching.
- Most punching bags have all ready chains attached to the bag. If it’s not, then connect each corner of the four chains on top of the punching bag.
- Connect the S-shaped hook at the end of the chain. Make sure all chains are securely placed in the hook. Lift the punching bag and connect the S-shaped hook at the top of the ceiling where the eyebolt screw is located at.
- To prevent wear and tear wrap the middle of the punching bag with duct tape. This is to avoid the punching bag being split opened from constant repeated blows. Do the same on top of the punching bag where the chains are located at.