Want to learn how to install rear brake on a Ninja 250? Replacing the brake pads on your Kawasaki Ninja 250R is routine maintenance that you need to perform approximately every 13,000 miles. Although you can take your bike to a service technician to have a brake job performed, you can just as easily replace the rear brake pads on your Ninja 250 yourself, saving you time and money. Follow these steps for how to install rear brakes on a Ninja 250.
To install rear a rear brake on a Ninja 250, you will need:
- Allen Wrenches
- New rear brake pads
- Silicon brake lubricant
- Park your motorcycle and drop the kick stand. Gather the necessary tools.
- Locate the two rear bolts on the brake caliper. Note that you may need to remove the muffler bolts and rotate the muffler to gain access to both bolts.
Remove the brake caliper bolts with an Allen wrench. Remove the brake caliper from the bike. Note that the brake line still connects to the brake caliper. Do not damage the brake line or you will find yourself doing more repair work than is necessary.
- Remove the old brake pads from the caliper clips. Discard the old pads.
Depress brake pistons in using your thumbs. Note that the pistons are often hard to push in. if you can not effectively push them in with your thumbs, use a C-clamp and depress the pistons by tightening the clamp.
Insert the smaller brake pad against the pistons, sliding it into the clip.
- Depress the brake pad by pushing it in with your thumb. Do this to make room for the other brake pad.
- Insert the larger brake pad so that both pads are facing each other. Ensure that both pads are snug in the caliper.
- Add silicon brake lubricant to the brake caliper boots. Do not put any lubricant on the pads themselves or you could reduce the effectiveness of the brakes.
- Reattach the brake caliper around the wheel brake disc. Tighten the bolts and adjust the muffler, if necessary.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …