Here are instructions for how to install rear speaker on 1997 Honda Civic LX. Installing aftermarket speakers can improve the sound quality of your vehicle. You can replace the entire stereo system or you can simply replace the actual speakers on your 1997 Honda Civic LX. Replacing the rear speakers is a simple process that you can perform on your own by following these easy steps.
To install rear speakers on 1997 Honda Civic, you will need:
- New speakers to fit your 1997 Honda Civic LX
- Wiring harness adapter (optional)
- Disconnect the 1997 Honda Civic LX battery to prevent injury while installing new rear speakers. Note that it is very dangerous to work on electrical equipment while the vehicle has connection to the battery, so always take proper precautions when working on your vehicle.
Remove the screws that secure the rear speaker covers in your 1997 Honda Civic. Lift off the speaker covers to gain access to the actual speakers.
- Remove the four screws that secure the rear speakers in place. Lift the speakers up, but be careful not to damage the wiring behind the speakers. Unplug the speaker wiring harness from the back of the speaker and discard the old unit.
- Connect the wiring harness to the new speaker. Note that you will have to modify the wiring harness if the new speakers do not to fit your factory system. Do this by purchasing a wiring harness adapter, removing the new speaker wiring harness and soldering the adapter in place.
- Place the speaker in the hold, packing the wiring in behind it. Secure the speaker with the four screws. Place the cover over the speaker and tighten the screws.
Repeat this process on the other rear speaker.
Reconnect the battery and turn on the stereo. Listen to each individual speaker to ensure that it is working properly.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.