As an avid skier, you may someday need to know how to install ski bindings. Why pay the high price of a ski shop pro doing the work for you, if you can do it yourself? Part of the love of any sport is usually tinkering and fine tuning your own gear.
You may need some of the following tools/materials.:
- Cordless Drill
- Drill Bits
- Epoxy Glue
- Mounting Jig
- Read the instructions! Each manufacture may have a different method of installing their own ski bindings. Sometimes specialized tools will be needed. Or, you may have to drill new holes in the ski base.
- Install a toe piece of one binding onto your ski boot and place it centerline on the ski. You may choose to mount the bindings forward or to the rear, but the center mount is the most popular. It is not recommended that you deviate from the centerline install unless you are a professional skier who has skied in one of those positions and found it to work well.
Use the marker to mark the holes that need to be drilled.
Use the ruler to make sure the holes are evenly spaced.
Drill out the holes, making sure they are a little smaller than the screws used.
- Fill the holes with some waterproof epoxy glue.
- Repeat the above steps for the heel piece of the binding.
- Once your ski bindings have been installed, you will want to consult the DIN chart to make the proper adjustments for your body style and weight. DIN charts can be found usually in the ski binding instructions or online too.
Learning how to install ski bindings is not as hard as it seems, as long as you follow the manufactures instructions and use common sense.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…