Learning how to install a slip on exhaust on a motorcycle will make it easy for you to customize your motorcycle at home. Slip on exhausts are most common on sports bikes and therefore, knowing how to install a slip on exhaust on a motorcycle can prove handy for sports bike owners. The process of how to install a slip on exhaust on a motorcycle will vary slightly based on the type of exhaust and motorcycle. These general steps will supply you with a guideline for how to install a slip on exhaust on a motorcycle.
Things you'll need:
- Socket set
- New slip on exhaust
- Remove current exhaust. Use a socket (typically 12 mm) to loosen the bolt on the mid-pipe. Using the same socket, loosen the bolt that holds the exhaust to the peg mount higher up on the rear of the bike. Slide the existing exhaust off and remove the mounting assembly that was attached to it as well.
- Install new mounting hardware. Install the new mounting hardware that came with the slip on exhaust. Typically the mounting hardware is a peg mount. Place the hardware into the proper position and tighten the bolts using a socket.
- Position the new exhaust. Slide the new exhaust onto the headers of a motorcycle. Tighten the new exhaust onto the headers of a motorcycle using a socket.
- Position the can mount. Slide the can mount onto the mid-pipe from the top. Ensure that it is properly positioned on the mid-pipe of a motorcycle.
- Secure mounting bracket. Slide the mounting ring over the mid-pipe of the exhaust on a motorcycle. Ensure that the slip-on is positioned at the right angle and then secure the bracket to the rear peg bracket of a motorcycle using a socket.
Some slip-on exhausts may not mount to the rear peg bracket on a motorcycle.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.