How To Install Speakers In A '06 Dodge 1500
You can learn how to install speakers in a '06 Dodge 1500 and save yourself a good deal of money by doing it yourself. Installing speakers doesn't require that much expertise and you can do it in your own garage or carport. Upgrading the sound equipment on your Dodge truck can make a world of difference when listening to the radio, CDs or Ipod. Once you have found a set of speakers that you want to install in your '06 Dodge 1500, use these instructions to install them.
To install speakers in a '06 Dodge 1500, you will need:
- Phillips screwdriver
- '06 Dodge 1500 Speakers
- Soldering Iron (optional)
Wiring Harness adapter
- Lift the hood of your '06 Dodge 1500 and disconnect the negative cable from your battery terminal. This will help prevent injury due to electric shock.
- Open both front doors and find the screws holding the door panel to the door frame. Remove the screws securing the panel to the frame.
- Lift the armrest up and remove the screws beneath the arm rest. Remove the manual window rollup lever if your truck is equipped with manual windows. Remove the electronic switch if your truck is equipped with automatic windows.
- Remove the plastic lining between the panel and the door frame. Use a Phillips screwdriver to remove the four Phillips screws that are holding the speakers in place on each door. Disconnect the cables that power the speakers and remove them completely. Dispose of the old speakers.
- Install the new speakers by reversing this procedure. Reconnect the wiring to the new speaker and attach the speakers using the screws you removed.
Reinstall the plastic lining and door panel. Reinstall the electric switch or manual window lever.
- Power on your truck radio or stereo and test the new speakers that you installed. Ensure that the sound is crisp and that both speakers work properly.
- If the speakers that you purchased do not fit the wiring for your '06 Dodge 1500, you can use a wiring harness to adapt it. Simply solder the connections for the wiring harness onto the old speaker connectors.