You can learn how to install speakers in a 2001 Dodge Ram truck and ramp up your sound system. Installing speakers is something that you can do at home with a few tools and save money instead of paying a car stereo mechanic to do the work. Use these instructions for installing speakers in your 2001 Dodge Ram pickup truck.
To install speakers in a 2001 Dodge Ram, you will need:
- Flathead Screwdriver
- Phillips Head Screwdriver
- 2001 Dodge Ram Speaker System (including tweeters)
- Wiring Harness (only if needed)
- Unhook the negative battery cable under the hood. As with any electronics, speaker systems maintain current. This will help prevent injury due to electric shock.
- Unhook and remove the grills that cover the front speaker units. These are on the forward bottom portion of the front doors. Use a thin screwdriver to pry the grills off.
- Unscrew the speaker from the door frame using a Phillips screwdriver to remove the four screws securing the speaker. Remove the speaker units and unhook the wires from behind the speakers. Do not break the wires or you will have to rewire the vehicle.
- Install the new speakers for your 2001 Dodge Ram. Hook the speaker wires up to the new speakers. Connect the positive speaker cable to the positive connector on the speakers and the negative cable to the negative connector. Solder a wiring harness adapter in place if the new speakers are not compatible with the Dodge Ram.
- Tighten the four Phillips screws and place the grill cover back over the speakers. Press down on the cover until you hear it audibly click.
Locate the tweeter units in your Dodge Ram truck. These are usually on the top of the dash board and you can recognize them by a small plastic grill cover. Use a very thin flat screwdriver to remove the plastic grill cover for the tweeters.
Unscrew the two Phillips screws that secure the tweeters and disconnect the wiring from the back of the tweeters. Install the new tweeters and connect the wiring to the back of the units. Solder a wiring harness adapter in place if the tweeters you purchased do not correctly fit the Dodge Ram.
Reattach the tweeter grill covers by applying even pressure and pressing them down. Reconnect the negative battery terminal and test your stereo system and the new speakers. Adjust your sound system to the preferred bass, treble and mid levels.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.