It is relatively simple to learn how to install speakers in your home so that you can have surround sound. Once you have purchased your surround sound system, you will need to hook it up to your television set so that you can begin enjoying a home stereo system. Use these steps to install speakers in your home so that you have surround sound.
To install home speakers, you will need:
- Home Stereo Kit
- Speaker Stands
- Survey the room and the stereo system that you are installing. You will need to decide how you want to set up your system before you do anything.
- Connect the stereo base to the television, if you choose to, using audio cables. Ensure that the output audio from the television is connecting to the input audio on the stereo base.
Pinch the clamps and connect the subwoofer to the audio base. This speaker is the largest speaker and provides the bass sounds.
- Pinch the clamps and connect the front speakers to the appropriate sections on the audio base. Repeat this step with the rear speakers.
- Position the subwoofer facing to the right, next to the stereo base. The subwoofer provides low frequency vibrations and does not have to be facing the listener.
- Position the front speakers at least five feet apart, facing directly toward the opposite wall. Use speaker stands to adjust these speakers to chest-height. Alternatively you can position the front speakers to cross-fire sound, where you will need to turn the speakers at an angle so that the sound from each speaker is crossing in the center of the room.
- Run the rear speaker wire along the base of the room. Staple the wire in place to keep it from moving. Position the speakers at least five feet apart, facing directly toward the front wall (where the subwoofer and front speakers are). Use small nails to hang these speakers at the same height as you would normally stand.
- Test your stereo equipment and listen to the sound. If you do not like the normal speaker setup, consider trying the cross-fire method.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...
The Modern Gentleman’s Guide to Casual Sex
Studies show your fling has an assumption about how things will go. Prove them wrong.
How to End Awkward Handshakes
A short illustrated history of when to use what.