Want to know how to install a stereo in a 2001 Hyundai Sonata yourself? If you are looking forward to replacing the existing stereo in your Hyundai Sonata, removing it will require you to remove a considerable part of the dash, which is not very easy to do. But with the right kind of tools in hand, installing a new stereo is possible within an hour’s duration.
Things you will need:
- Wire harness adapter
- Hyundai radio adaptor kit
- Start with opening the coin holder and take out the two screws in front. While carefully prying the trim near the gearshift lever, take out the power wire extended towards the cigarette lighter.
- Take out the two screws located below the panel meant for the radio trim. There will be screws connected to a rod just beneath the box meant for gloves. Remove the cable connected to the rod and pull out the rod.
- Change the position of the shifter to D and move the panel of the radio trim away from the dash. There are four screws at the sides and in front of the stereo. Remove the screws.
- Take out the stereo from the car and remove the wires from the rear side of the unit. Connect the wire harness adaptor to the existing harness in the Hyundai Sonata.
- Install the head unit of the new stereo inside the Hyundai radio adaptor kit. Join the antenna wire and wire harness adaptor to the rear portion of the head unit. Make sure the assembly is fitted properly inside the dash.
- Use the side and front screws to attach the stereo. Switch the stereo on. Check all the features of the stereo, including its speakers. Join the panel of the radio trim again. Now connect the rod again with the cable assembly and connect the trim properly to the gear shift.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.