Knowing how to install a subwoofer correctly into a speaker box is important. You don’t want the subwoofer moving around or becoming loose and rattling. Additionally, you need to make sure that you are getting a good seal in the enclosure to ensure you are getting the highest quality of sound. Unless you are an expert at making them, your best option for an enclosure for the subwoofer is to go with a pre-made box. It makes no sense to spend a lot of money on a good subwoofer only to install it into a cheaply made do-it-yourself box. Invest a little more money now and you will appreciate your audio system for a long time to come.
You will need the following
- Screwdrivers, flathead and Phillips
- Power drill
- Wire cutters, wire strippers
- Soldering iron
- Electrical tape
Steps To Install Subwoofer
- Lay out all the parts. This includes the subwoofer, the box, all wires, the gasket, the grill and the connectors.
- Install the gasket. Gently install the gasket onto the box. This will seal the box up after you install subwoofer.
- Connect the wires. Connect the wires inside the box to the subwoofer.
- Install subwoofer. Use the power drill to screw in the screws for the subwoofer. Be sure they are screwed in tight, but not overly tight. You don’t want to strip the holes. Install the screws by putting them in opposite sides; one on the right, then on the left, then top, then bottom, and so on. Put them in loosely at first then go back and tighten them up after all the screws are in place.
- Connect subwoofer to amplifier. Now connect the terminals from the subwoofer box to the amplifier making sure they are wired to the correct impedance, which is usually for ohms but check with the manufacturer before you install the subwoofer.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.