Need to know how to install switch in wall speakers? Installing a switch for in wall speakers can allow you to turn off specific speakers, and turn on others while not having to go back to the audio source. Switches are commonly used for in wall speakers, especially in large homes, to control speakers for multi room audio. If you ha Follow these steps to learn about how to install switches for in wall speakers.
What you will need to install switch:
- Speaker wire
- Wire cutter
- Wire stripper
- Single gang electrical low-voltage work box
- Utility knife
- Find a good location for installing the switch. This should be near where the speaker wire runs through the wall. This will minimize the amount of cutting into the wall and work that you will have to do.
- Carefully remove an area the size of the electrical work box where the switch will be installed. Use the utility knife for this.
- Install the electrical work box in this hole and pull the speaker wire through the opening. Tighten the work box to the wall using a screwdriver.
- Use the wire cutters to cut the speaker wire. Keep track of the sets of wires.
- On the speaker switch, connect the positive and negative ends of the speaker wire to the corresponding terminals. There will be an input and output, so you will need to connect the same polarity to the right connection on each side.
- If you are using the switch for more than one speaker, follow the same procedure for each wire set.
- Attach the speaker switch to the work box.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
What Your Shoes Tell Her About You
How footwear can kick-start your dating game—or kick dirt on your grave.
10 Real-Life Heroes Who Inspired Indiana Jones
Legend has it, these guys are the real MVPs.