If you are updating a bathroom or kitchen with a vessel sink, you will likely need to learn how to install a vessel sink faucet. Installing a faucet on a vessel sink is quite different than standard faucet installation, but providing you plan the installation well and have the proper tools, installing a vessel sink faucet can enhance the look and functionality of your kitchen or bath.
To install a vessel sink faucet, you will need the following.
- Vessel sink
- Vessel sink faucet
- Pen or pencil
- Faucet mounting hardware
- Water supply lines
- Determine the placement of the faucet and sink. Generally 1/2 inch away from the sink is recommended.
- Mark where the sink and faucet will go by drawing around the faucet onto the countertop. If a template was provided, use that to mark the area.
- Use the drill to create a hole in the countertop where the vessel sink faucet will go. Take care when using the drill as to not damage the countertop or vessel sink.
- Connect the supply water lines to the faucet. Only tighten the supply lines until they are hand tight as they can be easily stripped using wrenches.
- Connect the faucet to the countertop using the hardware provided. Start with the mounting bracket, which is attached to the countertop from below. Pull the supply lines down underneath the countertop.
- Place the faucet in the final installation position, using a second person to hold it in place. Screw the mounting bracket to the underside of the countertop and tighten as much as possible to hold the faucet in place.
- Complete the installation by connecting the supply lines from the faucet to the water supply pipes. Again, only tighten them hand tight to prevent stripping. Turn on the supply water pipes and check for leaks.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.