Not everyone knows how to install Warcraft 3 the right way, but it's really not that difficult. Released in the summer of 2002, Warcraft 3 (properly entitled "Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos") is a successful real-time strategy title for the PC. Warcraft 3, like its predecessors and successors, deals with the centralized theme of humans versus orcs and their battles. If you'd like to install Warcraft 3 for your personal computer, read these tips below for a good installation:
- Start up the computer. To install Warcraft 3, boot up your computer as normal. Warcraft 3 is compatible with Mac OS, OSX, and Microsoft Windows platforms. Eventually you will arrive at your desktop once booted.
- Initialize Warcraft 3. The CD-ROM should automatically execute an "autorun" command to start the program as soon as the disk is popped in the drive. If your CD does not automatically initialize, no fear: simply navigate to your hard drive (titled "My computer" in Windows) and open your disk drive (usually "D:"). Double click (or single click in Mac OS/X) to start the program.
- Go through the setup. Your Warcraft 3 installer will now start up and ask you questions about where to put the program, etc. Don't change settings unless you are sure you want the installation to do something different. Most people put Warcraft 3 (and other games) in their "Program Files" folder, which is the default. Make sure a desktop shortcut is made, when asked. Check either the minimal or full installation of Warcraft 3 and wait for the process to finish.
- Reboot. Restart your computer once it completes the installation of Warcraft 3. It should remind you to do this prior to running the program for the first time. Holding down the Power Button is not recommended.
- Install expansion pack(s). "Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne" is an add-on for "Reign of Chaos", and will add a substantial amount of gameplay if you have it. The expansion pack is cheaper than the full title. If you don't have the add-on, skip this step. If you do have the expansion pack, return to steps two through four, and then on to step six once installation is finished.
- Open Warcraft 3. Launch the program by double clicking the desktop shortcut. If you created a separate icon for your extra content, you can also click on that. Any troubleshooting should be reported to Blizzard. Make sure your system meets the minimum requirements before contacting technical support, however.
Warcraft 3 is a beautiful addition to the story-line trilogy of the Warcraft franchise. Install Warcraft 3 with care, and do not shut down your operating system at any time without being prompted to do so. Good luck, and happy orc hunting!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."