How To Install Wires For A Flatscreen
Buying a new flat screen TV has its perks, but when it comes down understanding how to install wires for a flat screen TV, this can be a whole different task within itself. Flat screens come with wires that make the average Joe (which are most of its buyers) think twice about what they have gotten themselves into. Here are a few easy steps that will help anyone to install wires for a flat screen, and ultimately get their TV up and running in no time.
To install wires for a flat screen you will need:
- Some spare time
- The wires that came with the flat screen TV
- A flat screen TV
- Locate connections on the back of TV. There are usually a variety of connections on the back of the TV, but fortunately these connections are usually labeled so they should a bit easy to locate. Count the number of HDMI connections that are present and also keep track of the DVI composite or optical ports on the back of the TV.
- Use fewer cables. Look at the devices to see what kind of connections they have. Things like Cable, satellite, and other devices usually have an HDMI port. This usually means fewer wires, and the less wires you have the better the TV will look.
- Receiver for Sound. This step is for people who are using a receiver for sound. The ideal way to connect a receiver is by only having the audio go through it. Some flat screen models have a video port that will allow for people to run the video signal through the receiver and to the TV. However, if you choose to place your flat screen on the wall it is best to run the cables through the wall by drilling a hole. Run all video cables form your device directly to the flat screen TV.
- Lastly, connect HDMI devices first. These devices only need one cable and can connect from the HDMI port on the device to the port on the TV.
This process can be made simple if fewer wires are used to install wires for a flat screen. Locating where each wire goes takes some time, but remember that each wire has its own purpose. Just remembering that when installing wires for a flat screen TV, not all the wires are needed to make the TV function.