How To Install XM To My Home Stereo Receiver
You need to learn how to install XM to my home stereo receiver. Where should you look for information on XM radio installation? If you need help with XM radio installation, you are in luck because the installation of an XM radio unit to your home stereo receiver is really quite simple with a few basic items and easy to follow instructions.
- XM Radio Subscription
- XM Radio Receiver, with home docking capability
- A Home Docking Kit, either specific to your XM Radio Unit or a universal docking kit, containing the home dock, a power supply cord, an antenna and audio cables
- A Home Stereo or Sound System
- Electrical Outlet
- A South Facing Window, on which to mount the antenna
- Check your XM radio subscription. Make sure that your unit is covered and activated under your subscription plan, especially if it is new.
- Place your XM radio receiver unit into the home docking station. If the home dock is compatible with your XM radio unit, this step should be quite simple! If you discover that your XM receiver is not fitting into the home dock securely, verify that you have the correct dock for your specific XM radio.
- Connect the audio cable to your sound system. The RCA cable, or audio cable, is a cord with one connector on one end—and two connectors on the other end. Plug the single end of the audio cable into the "audio out" or “line out” port of your XM Radio dock. Plug the other ends of the audio cables into the “audio in” ports of your stereo or sound system.
- Connect the antenna to your XM home dock. Plug the home antenna cord into the appropriate port on the docking outlet.
- Connect the AC adapter. There will be a port on the home dock in which you can insert the power cord. Simply plug the adapter into the dock and into an electrical outlet.
- Mount the antenna. Your XM Radio antenna must be mounted near a south facing window. Many users opt to mount the unit outside a south facing window for best reception. You may require an XM antenna extension kit if your south facing windows are out of reach from your stereo system.
- Listen to XM Radio on your home stereo. Turn on the XM Radio unit and your stereo, synchronized to the same frequency, and you should be able to listen to your favorite XM Radio programming. If you are having difficulties with reception or are not receiving a signal, check for obstructions near your antenna. If you are new to XM Radio, you may need to contact XM Radio customer service to receive programming on their end in order to receive the signal in your home. If you are an existing customer, you may need to visit XM Radio online or contact them directly to have your unit refreshed to receive signal in the new location.