How can you learn how to invest in Coca-Cola? If you have a broker, it is as easy as making a phone call. But remember, you will not only be paying for the stock but also for the services of the stock broker. For investors who have already researched the Coca-Cola Company and are ready to invest, there is a cheaper way. Online stock trading companies like Firstrade.com charge very little for each trade.
If you are ready to invest in Coca-Cola stock start here:
- Choose an online stock trading company. Research the top online trading companies. Consumer Reports is a good place to start your research.
- Complete an online application. You will need your social security number or taxpayer identification number. The trading company will send you a tax form at the end of the year. You will need this form when you do your taxes.
- Mail or fax required documents. They may need a copy of a cancelled check to start your account.
- Fund your account. You will need to send them a check or arrange a wire transfer from your bank account. This is the money you will use to purchase shares of Coca-Cola.
- Familiarize yourself with the online trading company website. Get to know where you can find your balance and portfolio. Find the trading page. Take any tutorial they offer. Understand the investor vocabulary.
- Research the Coca-Cola Company. KO is the symbol for the original Coca-Cola Company, and it is on the NYSE. The website will offer charts and price histories. Decide how many shares you can afford and how much you are willing to pay.
- Bring up the Trading Page. Fill in the matrix, for example, Transaction (Buy or Sell), Shares (remember to enter the number of shares, not price) and Symbol (KO).
- Send Order. You now own shares of the Coca-Cola Company. You should get a confirmation email from your trading company. And KO shares will show up in your portfolio.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What You Can Learn From Your Date’s Outfit—Including How Luc...
From the daddy’s girl to the free spirit to the trendsetter, we’ve got you covered.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
10 Reasons Your Wife Is Unhappy in Your Marriage
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.