How To Iron A Dress Shirt
Learning how to iron a dress shirt is a process that everyone must eventually learn within their lifetime. You may be leaving for work, headed to the mall, or ready to paint the town red; regardless of your plans, a crisp ironed dress shirt is sure to turn heads. Attempting to iron a dress shirt can seem like such a difficult task, however, this process can be quick and easy, by following direct and simple instructions.
Before you successfully iron a dress shirt, you will need:
- Ironing Board
- Dress Shirt
- Begin by laying the shirt’s collar flat on the ironing board. When you iron a dress shirt, start with the underside of the collar, and press the iron firmly over both sides.
- Lay the right sleeve flat against the ironing board. Firmly press the iron over the back side of the right sleeve of the dress shirt, then switching to the front side.
- Repeat these same steps for the left sleeve of the dress shirt. When you iron a dress shirt,make sure that you keep the hot iron moving at all times, to avoid any permanent damage to the dress shirt.
- Lay the right side of the dress shirt flat against the ironing board. Press the iron, starting from the farthest end of the right section of the shirt, firmly over the entire right section, in a back and forth motion.
- Repeat these steps for the center and the left sections of the shirt.
- Immediately hang up your dress shirt in a safe place. To avoid new wrinkles from forming after you iron a dress shirt, fasten the top two buttons.
- Always check the label inside of your dress shirt, so that you can use the recommended setting for that particular material.