How To Jailbreak IPod Touch
If you want to add non-Apple apps to your device, it will be necessary to learn how to jailbreak iPod Touch. This is necessary to do if you have your sights set on apps that are offered by other manufacturers than Apple, as it allows you to do any number of things in addition to downloading other apps.
- Find a Jailbreak program. Navigate to the Internet and search for a jailbreak program. Keep in mind that there are more than one of these available on the web, but any one of them will work so that you can effectively jailbreak your iPod Touch.
- Connect your device. Use your USB cable to connect your iPod Touch to your computer. Be aware that this is a necessary step, as the iPod Touch jailbreak process will not work unless your device is connected to your computer. Allow your computer to recognize that your iPod Touch is attached.
- Download the Jailbreak program. Click on the link or button that will enable the download to take place. Once it is fully installed, you will be able to jailbreak your iPod Touch with relative ease and in a quick amount of time.
- Install the program. Wait for the small popup window to appear. Click "Run" or "Save" so that the installation process can occur. Your iPod Touch will soon be able to be jailbroken so that you can download any and all apps you want.
- Open the jailbreak program. It will appear as a small window. Make sure that it recognizes that your iPod Touch is connected. If it does not, you should disconnect the USB cable and try again. You can only jailbreak your iPod Touch if the program recognizes it.
- Look at your device. The jailbreaking process will now take effect, and it will most likely take several minutes, so be patient. When it is finished, you can check your device to make sure it worked.
- Check your iPod Touch. The device will reset itself when the jailbreak process is finished. You will now see a new icon on your iPod Touch that signifies that the jailbreak process was successful.