If you are looking to start exercising, but are worried about hurting yourself, then you need to learn how to jog properly. Jogging is a great way to get some exercise, build some muscle and improve your cardiovascular conditioning. You have to be careful though, because jogging without the proper form can easily cause you to get injured. Even if you jog correctly, you should start any exercise regime slowly and give your body time to adapt to new levels of exercise.
- Find and wear the proper gear for jogging or running. Running shoes have extra padding and support in the areas where you will need it the most. Your clothing can be loose or tight, but make sure that it allows you a full range on motion in your arms and legs.
- Find a place to jog. When you are starting out try and make the entire route as flat as possible. Avoid areas where there might be heavy car traffic, as you will constantly have to run in place while you wait to cross roads. A nearby park will probably be an ideal place and it might have paved trails which will make jogging much easier than running off-road.
- Start jogging by placing one foot in front of the other. As opposed to sprinting, you want the heel or bottom of your foot to hit the ground first. Then roll up to the toe of your foot while you propel yourself forward. Place your next foot in front of you and repeat the process. Make your pace a little bit faster than a walk, but not so fast that you are straining.
- Keep your back straight and your arms moving. Proper posture will help you avoid injuries. Your arms should be comfortable and by your side. They should swing from your hip to your chest while you jog, but they should never cross over to the other side of your body.
- Breath rhythmically through your mouth and use your breathing to check your pace. If you are breathing so hard that you cannot carry a conversation, you should consider slowing down. Jogging is different than running and overexerting yourself is one way to injure yourself.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …