Learning how to jump higher in basketball is as simple as playing in the games. Muscles need to be strengthened and conditioned to the sport of basketball. Once they become acclimated to the rigors of the game, you'll notice an improvement in your overall performance. You'll naturally begin to jump higher in basketball games as time goes on. There are some ways, however, to speed up that process.
- Play, Play, Play. Playing the game as much as possible ensures that your body will get used to the physical requirements of the game. Your cardiovascular system will begin to improve which will increase your stamina. Your muscles will begin to condition themselves to jumping higher in the sport. You'll also begin to notice an overall increase in body strength (including your legs) the more you play.
- Jumping Rope makes you explosive. Something as simple as stealing your little sister's jump rope can greatly improve your jumping ability. You build the muscles in your calves, quads, and hamstrings by jumping rope. You're also conditioning your legs for the jumping required in the games. You'll notice the explosiveness of your jumping ability will begin to increase over time. Remember, it's not just the strength in your legs that makes you jump higher, it's the quickness of your muscle fiber's reaction time that'll need to be improved to get you soaring. Jumping rope will definitely have you jumping higher.
- The stairs. Running stairs doubles as a hell of a cardio workout, as well as a leg conditioner. You'll feel your lungs as well as your quads burn when you engage in this killer exercise. You'll notice that you're jumping higher in three to four weeks if you couple this exercise along with routine pick up games.
- Running up hill. Running up hill has the same effect as hitting the stairs. Running outside is slightly more difficult than running stairs, but the effects are worth it. Keep it up. Jumping higher is just over the horizon.
- One of the best leg workouts is playing beach volleyball. Jumping in the sand really works out your legs. Think of how much more it hurts to do sit ups on one of those big rubber balls. Well it's a similar concept here. Because the sand isn't as solid as say concrete, your calves and quads have to work extra hard to make effective jumps. Harder work means greater improvement which means jumping higher.
- Leg weights and calf raises. Wearing leg weights and doing isolated calf workouts do wonders for your jumping ability. Combining the two is even better.
- Squats. Squats do wonders for your upper legs. They help build powerful muscles which will in turn make you jump much higher over time.
- Isolating your quads. Exercises such as leg lifts, which isolate your quads, help build the key muscles that aid in your jumping ability. even the stairmaster can yield favorable results.
- Combining it all. Playing ball everyday, along with the aforementioned routines will greatly increase your jumping ability. It's up to you to discipline yourself. The change is slow at first, but eventually you'll notice a great change in your leaping ability. As with anything you want to improve in, you need to dedicate yourself to getting better. You'll only see the improvements if you push yourself. Once the change becomes evident, you'll definitely want to keep it up. Jumping higher can be a reality if you set your mind and your body to achieving that goal.
As with anything you want to improve in, you need to dedicate yourself to getting better. You'll only see the improvements if you push yourself. Once the change becomes evident, you'll definitely want to keep it up. Jumping higher can be a reality if you set your mind and your body to achieving that goal. With any workout routine, it's always best to check with a doctor before starting.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.