How To Karate Kick
There are a number of ways to learn how to karate kick. You can learn the roundhouse karate kick or the side karate kick. You can also learn the side karate kick. A karate kick can help you defend yourself if needed. It also looks pretty cool and is a great way to show off in front of your friends or girls.
- Learn the roundhouse karate kick. Turn your body to the side, so that you are facing away from the person or object you will kick.
- Lift the leg that is closest to the other person into the air. Lift it as high as you can. Turn your leg so that your foot is parallel to the floor.
- Swing your leg forward. You should hit the other person with the front of your foot or calf, depending on where they are standing and how high your leg is. Depending on how high you lift your leg, you can kick them in the head or chest area. You can also aim for the groin.
- Learn the side karate kick. Stand with your feet slightly apart and your arms bent at the elbows, hands in a fist, as you were about to punch someone.
- Lift your right leg and bend the knee. Bring your knee towards the left shoulder, as far as you can. Lift your toes up so that you don't accidently kick with them.
- Straighten the right leg away from your body. Push the leg straight as quickly as you can, kicking your opponent with the bottom of your foot.