How To Keep Cats Out Of Your Yard
Understanding how to keep cats out of your yard can be really frustrating. Cats can be a nuisance and poop everywhere in your yard. They also taunt your dogs and can start crying at your door for you to feed them. However, there are several ways to keep cats out of your yard and away from your home. Unfortunately, cats can climb trees so they tend to find ways to get into your yard. The best thing to do is place deterrents in your yard to prevent them from coming back. Below are five tips to help keep cats out of your yard.
To keep cats out of your yard, you will need:
- An electric fence that zaps intruders
- A high powered squirt gun
- A sprinkler that detects movement
- A powdered cat deterrent from your local pet store. These usually contain urine from other animals that cats tend to avoid.
A large dog
- Install an electric fence that zaps intruders. These are used for keeping rabbits out of yards and work well on cats too.
- Stalk the cats in your yard. Have squirt guns ready and blast them with water as soon as they enter your yard. This tactic usually gets their attention pretty quick.
- Install sprinklers that are activated by movement. Cats hate these and will likely never enter your yard again.
- Purchase a powdered cat deterrent. These contain urine from animals that cats are terrified of. They usually work pretty well, but some cats won’t get the hint. The downside is that you will have to keep reapplying powder every few days.
- Get a large dog. Big dogs terrify cats. Most dogs are very protective of their yards and despise when cats come over uninvited. A dog is a surefire way to keep the cats out of your yard.