When it comes to playing football, many offensive players need to know how to keep football gloves sticky. Football games are almost never cancelled, therefore, the players need to learn how to throw, catch and hold onto the football in rain, sleet, snow and wind. Here’s how to keep football gloves sticky so that you can cut down on fumbles and dropped passes and help your team win the football game.
You will need:
- Football gloves
- Washing machine
- Paper towel or rag
- Machine wash your football gloves. Many football gloves that are purchased at the store have washing instructions. When the gloves are washed, they are supposed to refresh or improve their stickiness after being used in practice or a game.
- Spit on your gloves. Nothing like a little spit to help you catch the football. Keep football gloves sticky by spitting on your gloves and tapping them together to remove any excess saliva.
- Wipe your football gloves with a little moisture. Take a damp rag and wipe the pads of your football gloves. Much like the principal of washing them in the washing machine, the moisture will reactivate their stickiness.
- Save your football gloves for game day. Another way to keep football gloves sticky is to have a separate pairs of gloves for practices and games. By saving football gloves for prime time, their stickiness will last longer.
- Place a piece of tape across the gloves. Placing a piece of tape across the gloves and then removing it will transfer some of the adhesive to the gloves.
- Check your league rules as far as what substance you may apply to keep gloves sticky. Most leagues outlaw things such as stick-um, pine tar or other sticky substances. However, if it is not in the rule book, it may be allowed in your recreational league.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.
21 Hairstyles Women Love
Female experts reveal the ’dos that drive them wild.