Do you find figuring out how to keep a girl interested difficult? Believe it or not, this is a common problem with many men. Even more surprising is that it's actually something that's very easy to fix. Just follow these helpful hints and you'll find that you not only keep that girl interested, but may even get a phone number.
- If possible, give her a glance before you approach. Most women will admit that they love to flirt, and they love it even more when a man flirts back with them. Even men who are uncomfortable with being flirtatious up close are usually able to pull off meeting a girl's eyes briefly or giving her a little smile. Doing this lets a woman know that you're interested. Half the challenge of keeping a girl interested is ensuring that she knows you're interested in her in the first place (without coming off like a cheesy pick-up artist or a stalker).
- Women like a confident man. It's a proven fact that a woman will react more favorably to someone who approaches her with a confident demeanor. If you act nervous with a girl, chances are that she's going to get nervous as well and, when that happens, she's going to run the first chance she gets.
- Don't be afraid to smile. Be careful with this one, as you don't want to leer at her, but a smile can go a long way when trying to keep a girl interested. Keep it smooth, relaxed and easy. Keep it natural and you'll help to put her at ease.
- Keep things at her level. There's nothing more annoying than trying to hold a conversation with someone who continually talks way over your head. When you talk to her, don't break out all the 25-cent words unless you know she talks that way too. Some men think it makes them sound really smart when, in truth, most girls will think them stupid.
- Find common ground. In addition to keeping your conversations on an even keel, you also want to find things that both of you can talk about. A good conversation ice-breaker will pertain to your surroundings or what has brought you together. For instance, if you meet up at a party, try asking how she knows the host or hostess. If you bump into each other at the club, comment on the music or what you think of the DJ. Find common, neutral territory to break the ice. This will keep a girl interested and will help to put her at ease.
- Don't talk about yourself non-stop. One of the quickest ways to fail when trying to keep a girl interested is to talk about yourself all the time. Granted, she's going to want to know a little bit about you, which is great, but remember not to overdo it. She doesn't need to know your Social Security and bank account number on the first date, nor does she want to hear about all your exes.
- Don't interrogate her. Another way to keep a girl interested in you is to get her talking about herself, but don't make her feel vulnerable or exposed. Don't play twenty questions with her or make her feel like she's on the spot. Work in questions during your normal conversation and you'll find this is an excellent way to keep a girl interested (and you'll do it while learning more about her).
If you want to keep a girl interested in you, there are a lot of little tricks to use, but the most valuable tip you can use is to just be natural and be yourself. Doing so will help to put her at ease and you'll find that you're able to relax and enjoy things even more. Now go get that phone number!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert ...
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…