Learning how to keep vintage white shoes clean is a necessary task in order to preserve the life of your investment. Extending their life and protecting their skin requires cleaning and conditioning on a regular basis.
- White vinegar. This is a highly recommended cleaner. Use one part vinegar to one part water. Dipping a cloth in the solution, use it only sparingly and in a dabbing motion. It may take repeat cleanings to remove any stains. So your shoes won't smell like vinegar, make sure to wipe the shoes off well with plain water and let them dry.
- Liquid soap. Use a brush to remove any loose dirt. In a basin mix a teaspoon of liquid soap with warm water. Using a clean white cloth, dip it into the solution and wipe the shoes down. Then let the shoes dry.
- Bleach. Pour some into the cap. Dip a toothbrush in it and run it across the scuff marks, repeating until all the marks are gone. Dry the shoes immediately using a towel or placing them in the sun.
- Toothpaste with a whitening agent. Using the whitening agent on an old toothbrush, scrub the scuff marks. Wipe away with a wet washcloth and then dry the shoes.
- Shaving cream. Use a white shaving cream, a toothbrush, and scrub away.
- Spray and wash. Spray on the scuff marks and let sit for ten to fifteen minutes. Wipe away with a wet washcloth. Dry with a towel or dry in the sun.
- Windex. Some people insist using windex on your dirty shoes works great.
- Magic Eraser. Magic eraser may be able to get out the tougher stains.
- A conditioning shoe cream. One is made especially for leather. Using a white cloth, dip it into the cream. Rub into the leather with a circular motion, covering the entire surface. Dry the shoes for a minimum of 15 minutes, away from heat, in a cool well-ventilated area
- Polish. Scuffs and heel scratches can be filled in with polish. The edges of the heels and the soles can be "cleaned up" using the polish and an old toothbrush.
White shoes show every mark and scuff, so learning how to keep vintage white shoes clean is a task that you will want to master.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.