How To Keep White Sneakers Clean
Learning how to keep white sneakers clean not only makes them look better, it also helps prolong their shelf life. When a pair of white sneakers is brand new, they can make you look really sharp. If you don't keep white sneakers clean, they can make you look sloppy. Fortunately, it is not difficult to keep white sneakers clean. All you need are a few household items and some basic care instructions.
- Scrub brush
- Wash cloths
- Mild dish soap
- Paper towels
- Scrub away dirt and debris with a soft bristle brush after each use. Don't forget to remove the laces, too.
- Mix two or three drops of a mild dish soap with one quart of warm water. Submerged a clean wash cloth in the water and wring it out so it is damp rather than saturated.
- Wrap the tip of your finger with the damp cloth and use it to scrub the surface of your white sneakers in a circular motion. Re-wet and wring out your cloth as necessary, so you do not spread dirt around the shoe.
- Scrub the sole with a toothbrush. Dip the toothbrush in the solution of hot water and soap.
- Pat the top and sole of the sneaker to remove excess water. Stuff the shoe with clean, wadded up paper towels and let them air dry.
- Apply a leather protector to keep white sneakers clean. Do this right when you buy your sneakers or immediately after you clean them.