How To Keep Your Girlfriend Happy
Understanding how to keep your girlfriend happy is the first step for a satisfying relationship. While a healthy friendship requires both parties involved make an effort, you'll make your girlfriend really happy if you take the initiative in putting yourself out there to please her. These little things do not need to be major events; instead, offer a series of small actions to reinforce your affection for a special woman.
You'll need a few things to keep your girlfriend happy including;
- Small gifts
- Special trips
- Listen to her. Show interest in what she likes by asking questions when she talks to you. This doesn't mean your need to encourage your girlfriend to ramble on incessantly, but this suggestion on how to keep your girlfriend happy involves setting aside some time to give your girlfriend some undivided attention each day. This means the television is shut off and you look her in the eye.
- Take her places she likes to eat. The places need not be extravagant. One trip may even be to the ice cream store to buy her favorite flavor for a surprise afternoon or evening trip. The thought is more important than the actual food served at the meal or snack.
- Pencil in a few of her favorite activities for the week. Make a plan to do this step or skip it all together and move onto the other ideas. This suggestion of how to keep your girlfriend involves actually asking her what she's like to do in the spare time you two have together during the week. If you ask, you'll need to do at least one of the suggestions. If your girlfriend can't think of anything special, look online at a community site or in the weekend newspaper to see what events are happening in your community during the week. Write down several activties that look good to you. Make sure the events are also something your girlfriend will enjoy.
- Tell her how much she means to you. You're still a tough guy and there is no need to go overboard here, but your girlfriend needs to hear that she makes you happy. Once or twice a week, look her in the eye and tell her what she means to you. Be truthful and judge your little speech with factual information that rings true to both of you.
- Make her little presents or do a good deed. This step involves small hand-made gifts presented over a month of time. Pick some flowers and tie a ribbon around the bottom. Make her lunch in the morning and deliver it to her school or work. The trick in this tip in how to make your girlfriend happy is to have the action be a small surprise that you do for her to make her life a little easier. Some useful good deeds might include washing her car or sweeping a walkway, something that she would normally need to do during the week. When she notices, make sure you act like the good deed was something you knew she's like, but emphasize that it's not a big deal. Women like modest heroes.
- Buy her a trinket now and then. No need to spend major bucks. This step requires using the information you picked up when listening to her talk. If she says she saw some gloves or enjoyed a song on the radio, buy her the gloves and download the song to her iPod. More important than the gift is to put it in unique and creative packaging. A small gift in her lunch bag or a small box tucked in her purse are two suggestions for subtle giving to keep your girlfriend happy.