Learning how to keep your teeth clean is not only important for your social life, but it's also important for your health. The mouth is the gateway for germs to enter the body. After little baby teeth have been taken away to be recycled by the Tooth Fairy, the next set of teeth has to last a lifetime. It makes perfect sense to have one more set of teeth that should come in around middle age just when the adult teeth are starting to wear out. Since there isn't a spare set of teeth coming in, it becomes even more important to learn how to keep your teeth clean.
To keep your teeth clean, you'll need the following items:
- Toothbrush (preferably electric or battery)
- Fluoride toothpaste
- Dental floss
- Disposable mini toothbrushes
- Sugar-free gum
- Dental hygienist
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day. Electric- or battery-operated toothbrushes clean better than manual brushes. Falling asleep every night before brushing your teeth is asking for dental problems. If you really want to keep your teeth clean, brush after each meal. At the very least, brush after eating candy or sweets. Sugar promotes plaque on the teeth more than other foods.
- Floss daily to keep your teeth clean and gums healthy. Toothbrushes can't reach areas of the tooth below the gum line and between the teeth. Floss is portable and can be done anytime you're near a bathroom. Rinse before and after flossing when away from home, but don't sit around and floss in a public place. That's disgusting.
- Use germ-killing mouthwash everyday for healthy gums and teeth. Regular mouthwash freshens the breath, but mouthwash intended to kill germs is much stronger than regular mouthwash. It kills germs in the mouth in much the same way as bleach kills germs in a toilet bowl.
- Use mini disposable toothbrushes to help keep your mouth clean after meals away from home. They work great and even have a cleaning "bead" in the center of each brush to freshen the breath. You don't even need to rinse and spit after using them. You can find these little "wisps" in packs of four and they are small enough to fit in a pocket.
- Chew sugar-free gum on a regular basic when you can't brush your teeth. Just the motion of chewing the gum helps dissolve some of the plaque on teeth and increases saliva in the mouth. Saliva helps keep the teeth and mouth germ-free as well. A dry mouth is the enemy of fresh breath.
- For this same reason, drink plenty of water. What you drink throughout the day is just as important as what you eat. Sugary drinks promote plaque on the teeth.
- Visit a dental hygienist twice a year for a professional teeth cleaning. This is an important step in how to keep your teeth clean. Having your teeth professionally cleaned will remove more plaque than any other method and gives you a fresh start to a cleaner, healthier, more kissable mouth.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."