A football game often comes down to whether the kicker knows how to kick a football properly. Knowing how to kick a football can mean the difference between victory and defeat. Here is everything you need to know about how to kick a football.
Here are some items you will need:
- A football
- A kicking tee or someone to hold the football
- Take your steps back from the football. The first step in learning how to kick a football is to step into position for a kick. To do this, start off by taking three steps back from where the football will be kicked. If you are kicking with your right foot, follow this by taking two steps to your left. If you are kicking with your left foot, take two steps to the right instead. You should now be behind and to the side of the football.
- Step forward with your non-kicking foot. This is the first step on your run toward the football. This step in learning how to kick a football involves a lot of timing. Your approach to the football should involve three steps, and your third step should be your non-kicking foot planting into the ground. You want to approach the ball quickly to lower the chances of your kick being blocked.
- Plant your non-kicking foot to the side of the football. Your non-kicking foot should be firmly planted about one foot to the side of the football. Make sure your foot is pointing in the direction you want the football to go.
- Kick the football. Swing your kicking leg forward with as much power as you can while maintaining control. You want to make contact with the football a little under halfway up, connecting with the top inside of your foot. This will provide accuracy and power. Make sure to follow through with your kick as much as you can. You now know all there is to know about how to kick a football.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
What You Can Learn From Your Date’s Outfit—Including How Luc...
From the daddy’s girl to the free spirit to the trendsetter, we’ve got you covered.
10 Reasons Your Wife Is Unhappy in Your Marriage
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.