How To Kick A Soccer Ball Far
How to kick a soccer ball far is more about technique then anything else. To kick a soccer ball far takes the proper approach and follow through. The method described below works because it allows the greatest distance to be covered before the ground impacts the ball. Also, to kick a soccer ball far requires a little practical understanding and rotation to continue the ball forward.
How to kick a soccer ball far:
- When you kick a soccer ball you will be faced with two scenarios. Static ball approach–step back from the ball four to five steps and to either the right or left of the ball two to three steps (left for right footed kick or right for a left footed kick) Stationary ball approach–speed-up or slow-down before approaching the ball based on defender position.
- Move towards the soccer ball in a steady pace, maintaining your center of gravity.
- Place your plant foot with your instep next to the soccer ball.
- The kicking foot should be motioned back and bent at the knee (like a hinge) being sure to maintain your balance.
- Swing your foot forward,with speed and strength, hitting the ball towards the middle-top surface of the soccer ball across your laces.
- Ensure that you follow through with your kick. This is accomplished by following through the ball with your weight behind the kick, which should push you forward and through the ball causing you to hop.
The Importance of your follow through and the basic mechanics to get the most out of your kick and to kick a soccer ball far. Placement of your foot against the ball middle-top will still allow plenty of “air” but will also create a forward spin. Once on the ground your ball will roll forward, thus increasing the distance of your kick.