Since ants can make their way into anyone's home, you should take the time to learn how to kill ants. Ants are tiny black insects that often eat the crumbs we leave behind on our tables or floors. The problem comes when an ant tells the rest of his ant family where he found the crumbs. The next thing you know, you have an ant infestation. These ants need to be killed as soon as possible or more will continue to come. You don't need a toxic pesticide to kill the ants. You can make your own ant killer at home.
You will need the following items to kill ants:
- 1 cup borax
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Spray bottle
Follow these steps to effectively kill ants:
- Mix the borax and the sugar together. The sweetness of the sugar will attract the ants, but the borax will kill the ants.
- Sprinkle the borax where you last saw the ants. The ants will take the sugar/borax solution back to their ant hole and use it to feed the colony.
- Wait for the ants to die.
- Fill an empty spray bottle two thirds of the way up with vinegar.
- Add water for the last third, and mix together.
- Spray any entrances to your home where you think the ants may have come in. The ants won't like the smell of the vinegar. This will keep any new ants from getting in your house.
If you only have a few ants in your home, kill them by spraying them with window cleaner.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …